Jump to Main Content
- Sharon Olivera; K. Chaitra; Krishna Venkatesh; Handanahally Basavarajaiah Muralidhara; Inamuddin; Abdullah M. Asiri; Mohd Imran Ahamed
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 1233-1246
- adsorbents; adsorption; arsenic; cadmium; catalytic activity; ceric oxide; cerium; chromium; cost effectiveness; decontamination; drinking water; fluorides; human health; kinetics; lead; mercury; metal ions; moieties; porosity; semiconductors; sorption isotherms; surface area; toxicity; water pollution; water treatment
- ... The presence of contaminants in potable water is a cause of worldwide concern. In particular, the presence of metals such as arsenic, lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium can affect human health. There is thus a need for advanced techniques of water decontamination. Adsorbents based on cerium dioxide (CeO₂), also named ‘ceria,’ have been used to remove contaminants such as arsenic, fluoride, lead and ...
- Giani de Vargas Brião; Júlia Resende de Andrade; Meuris Gurgel Carlos da Silva; Melissa Gurgel Adeodato Vieira
- Environmental chemistry letters 2020 v.18 no.4 pp. 1145-1168
- adsorbents; adsorption; arsenic; cadmium; chitosan; industrial wastewater; lead; magnetism; mercury; pollution; remediation; sorption isotherms; toxicity
- ... Environmental pollution by toxic metals causes serious health complications, thus requiring advanced remediation methods for waters and effluents. In particular, chitosan-based magnetic materials have been recently developed to remove metals from aqueous solutions, industrial wastewater and water from lakes and rivers. Here, we review the adsorption of lead (Pb), cadmium (Cd), mercury (Hg) and ars ...