Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Jiayuan; Ma, Fengshan; Guo, Jie; Lu, Rong; Liu, Guowei
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 26
- case studies; digital elevation models; geographic information systems; global positioning systems; gold; mining; monitoring; regression analysis; spatial variation; subsidence; China
- ... Land subsidence in the Sanshandao area, Laizhou, Shandong Province, China, has been a consequence of underground gold mining. This paper identifies the statistically significant mining subsidence factors, which are: (1) a digital elevation model of the surface; (2) the surface slope; (3) the slope aspect; (4) the thickness of the gold deposits; and (5) the depth of the gold deposits below the grou ...
- Liu, Xiang-Jun; Cong, Lu; An, Fuyuan; Miao, Xiaodong; E, Chongyi
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 19
- Holocene epoch; case studies; dune sand; eolian sands; geographic information systems; lacustrine sediments; lakes; loess; luminescence; magnetism; paleosolic soil types; river valleys; sand; shrinkage; China
- ... Many lakes in the Qinghai–Tibetan Plateau (QTP) have aeolian sands distributed in their downwind shores. However, it has been rarely systemically investigated on whether the downwind dune sand and lake evolved in association with each other or they evolved independently. Here we take the well known Qinghai Lake and its downwind sand area as a case study to investigate the issue of water–sand inter ...