Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Jiayuan; Ma, Fengshan; Guo, Jie; Lu, Rong; Liu, Guowei
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 26
- case studies; digital elevation models; geographic information systems; global positioning systems; gold; mining; monitoring; regression analysis; spatial variation; subsidence; China
- ... Land subsidence in the Sanshandao area, Laizhou, Shandong Province, China, has been a consequence of underground gold mining. This paper identifies the statistically significant mining subsidence factors, which are: (1) a digital elevation model of the surface; (2) the surface slope; (3) the slope aspect; (4) the thickness of the gold deposits; and (5) the depth of the gold deposits below the grou ...
- Mahmood, Shakeel; Rahman, Atta-ur
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 43
- basins; digital elevation models; disaster preparedness; disasters; drainage; floods; geographic information systems; humans; hydrologic models; hydrometeorology; infrastructure; rivers; runoff; Pakistan
- ... This main objective of this study is flash flood susceptibility modeling using geo-morphometric and hydrological approaches in Panjkora Basin, Eastern Hindu Kush, Pakistan. In the study region, flash flood is one of the horrific and recurrent hydro-meteorological disasters causing damages to human life, their properties, and infrastructure. Watershed modeling approach is implemented to delineate P ...