Jump to Main Content
- Ahmed, Izrar; Tariq, Nadeem; Al Muhery, Aisha
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 44
- drinking water; evaporation; geographic information systems; graphs; groundwater; hydrochemistry; ion exchange; ions; irrigation; issues and policy; monitoring; rain; shorelines; statistical analysis; sustainable development; trace elements; unconfined aquifer; water management; water quality; United Arab Emirates
- ... The Emirate of Dubai is facing ongoing challenges in managing its limited groundwater resources which are mainly used for irrigation and commercial uses whilst domestic supply is largely met by desalinated water. A groundwater investigation was carried out in the emirate with the objective to establish baseline data for the implementation of groundwater management policy. Seventy groundwater sampl ...
- Odeh, Taleb; Mohammad, Alsharifa Hind; Hussein, Hussam; Ismail, Mamoon; Almomani, Thair
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 40
- agricultural development; drinking water; geographic information systems; groundwater; irrigated farming; models; population density; population growth; remote sensing; salinity; urbanization; water table; water utilization; Jordan
- ... The governorate of Irbid has the highest population density in Jordan and most of its water demand is supplied by groundwater. Both natural population growth and waves of migrations increased the number of its inhabitants during the last 40 years. This population growth has increased: the amount of land covered by urban and agricultural development over this time period; and the groundwater demand ...