Jump to Main Content
- Lesser, Luis E.; Mahlknecht, Jürgen; López-Pérez, Mario
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.16 pp. 504
- drawdown, etc ; aquifers; ecosystems; groundwater; groundwater flow; hydrodynamics; models; monitoring; seepage; water table; wells; wetlands; California; Mexico; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The construction of the 42-km long All-American Canal in southern California (USA) near the border with Mexico in the 1940s generated infiltration which raised groundwater levels in the area inducing groundwater to flow into the Mexicali Valley aquifer (Mexico). In the late 2000s, the USA started a controversial lining project to reduce infiltration below the canal, with far-reaching consequences. ...
- Othman, Abdullah; Abotalib, Abotalib Z.
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.7 pp. 243
- drawdown, etc ; aquifers; case studies; data collection; deformation; fossils; geographic information systems; groundwater; groundwater extraction; interferometry; landscapes; radar; remote sensing; subsidence; surveys; water storage; water table; Saudi Arabia; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Natural and human-induced groundwater dynamics in hyper-arid aquifers play a crucial role in the evolution of the landscape. The area overlying the Saq Aquifer, in particular the Al-Qassim area within the central part of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, has witnessed numerous land deformation (land subsidence and fissures) events throughout the last two decades. An integrated remote sensing and hydrog ...