Jump to Main Content
- Djoudar Hallal, Dahbia; Khelfi, Mohamed El Amine; Zahouani, Sadek; Benamghar, Ahcene; Haddad, Ouissam; Ammari, Abdelhadi; Lobo-Ferreira, Joao Paulo
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 22
- aquifers; data collection; geostatistics; hydraulic conductivity; kriging; models; saltwater intrusion; water table; Algeria
- ... This paper aims to spatially characterize the marine intrusion in the case of the Bouteldja main aquifer using the GALDIT method coupled with a geostatistical approach. The latter was used to compensate the weakness of GALDIT method for not considering the spatial variability of the studied variables. Using a field data set of the Bouteldja aquifer, the semi-variograms of four continuous important ...
- Hu, Cheng; Chen, Huali; Chen, Gang; Liu, Jinghua
- Environmental earth sciences 2019 v.78 no.1 pp. 11
- caves; drilling; engineering; hydraulic conductivity; hydrodynamics; liquid petroleum gas; models; prediction
- ... Water curtain system is the key architecture to maintain the hydrodynamic containment of underground storage for liquefied petroleum gas in unlined rock caverns. Additional water curtain boreholes have to be drilled and tested to eliminate any low-efficiency zone. The drilling and testing is, however, a time-consuming and costing job. In this paper, statistical characteristics of fractures (joints ...