Jump to Main Content
- Arockiaraj, S.; Kankara, R. S.; Udhaba Dora, G.; Sathish, S.
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.17 pp. 604
- beaches; climate; coasts; models; monsoon season; sand; seasonal variation; shorelines; surveys; water power; India
- ... Knowledge on seasonal variation of morpho-sedimentary processes of tropical beaches is essential to evaluate inter annual variations to devising best protection strategy for the coastal zone. A study was taken up to understand the seasonal changes of physical processes at the headland bound and compared with exposed beaches. The spatio-temporal morpho-sedimentary dynamics were carried out through ...
- Badesab, F.; Gaikwad, V.; Gireeshkumar, T. R.; Naikgaonkar, O.; Deenadayalan, K.; Samiksha, S. V.; Dinesh Kumar, P. K.; Loveson, V. J.; Iyer, S. D.; Khan, A.; Udayakrishnan, P. B.; Sardar, A.
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.17 pp. 625
- bedload; coasts; fractionation; hydrodynamics; magnetism; magnetite; models; monsoon season; particle size; sediments; suspended sediment; India
- ... In this study, we utilized environmental magnetic in combination with sedimentological and hydrodynamic data to investigate the formative processes of mudbanks along southwest coast of India. We document the linkages between enrichment of silt-sized magnetic particles and formation processes of mudbanks along Alappuzha coast. A trend of increasing magnetite concentration and coarsening in magnetic ...