Jump to Main Content
- Kwong, Hiu Tung; Jiao, Jiu Jimmy; Chan, Lung Sang
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 975
- aquifers; clay; freshwater; geophysics; gravel; groundwater; sand; stratigraphy; China
- ... Offshore groundwater reserves, commonly sequestered in relict fluvial systems, have been reported globally. In Hong Kong, submarine terrestrial sediments are the evidence of local fluvial systems during glacial periods and they probably sequester relatively fresh water. This study aims to locate these sand deposits. An offshore vibrocore in the southwestern waters of Hong Kong was analysed for its ...
- Liu, Danqing; Li, Yilian; Song, Shaoyu; Agarwal, Ramesh
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 962
- aquifers; basins; carbon dioxide; case studies; coal; compressibility; energy; friction; heat; mass flow; models; oils; permeability; porosity; temperature; China
- ... A simplified two-dimensional axisymmetric model was established based on a typical continental sedimentary basin in China to simulate the thermal evolution of wellbore and reservoir during the injection of CO₂ by taking consideration of lithology heterogeneity of reservoir. By comparing with two simple one-dimensional theory models, the lithology heterogeneity influence on CO₂ mass flow rate distr ...