Jump to Main Content
- Lebid, Hafida; Errih, Mohamed; Boudjemline, Djamel
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 947
- alluvial plains; anhydrite; aquifers; carbonates; chemical analysis; chlorides; climatic factors; groundwater; gypsum; sediments; sodium; solubility; streams; strontium; sulfates; tracer techniques; water salinity; wells; Algeria
- ... Strontium contents are an indispensable complement to the measures of chlorides, sodium and sulfates to explain the anomalies of groundwater salinity. This approach of natural tracers is applied to Sidi Bel Abbes plain to study the processes of salinization of the aquifer. Chemical analyses performed on 68 wells capturing the unconfined aquifer of the Sidi Bel Abbes plain reveal a correspondence i ...
- Pittalis, Daniele; Carletti, Alberto; Ghiglieri, Giorgio; Celico, Fulvio
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 963
- aquifers; biogeochemistry; chemical composition; climatic factors; coastal plains; coasts; desertification; groundwater; intensive farming; irrigated farming; irrigation; irrigation water; issues and policy; pollutants; saline water; saltwater intrusion; seawater; soil properties; water quality; Italy; Sardinia
- ... Intensive agriculture can influence groundwater composition, aquifer biogeochemistry and soil properties; this is especially true in coastal areas where groundwater is the main source of irrigation water. Depending on the irrigation efficiency, the aquifers may suffer from pollutant contamination and salinization caused by the encroaching sea. Information about the chemical composition of the grou ...