Jump to Main Content
- Alexakis, D. D.; Tsanis, I. K.
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.14 pp. 1077
- Crete, etc ; climate models; data collection; drought; energy transfer; environmental factors; linear models; meteorological data; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; neural networks; rain; rain gauges; regression analysis; remote sensing; researchers; satellites; topography; vegetation; Greece; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Precipitation plays a significant role to energy exchange and material circulation in Earth’s surface system. According to numerous studies, traditional point measurements based on rain gauge stations are unable to reflect the spatial variation of precipitation effectively. On the other hand, satellite remote sensing could solve this limitation by directly providing spatial distribution of rainfal ...
- Steiakakis, E.; Vavadakis, D.; Kritsotakis, M.; Voudouris, K.; Anagnostopoulou, C.
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.6 pp. 507
- Crete, etc ; aquifers; climate; drought; freshwater; groundwater; groundwater flow; irrigation; karsts; models; permeability; porous media; prediction; saline water; salinity; saltwater intrusion; water management; water potential; water quality; water supply; water table; Greece; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Malia’s coastal aquifer supplies water for domestic and irrigation purposes most of northern part of Heraklion prefecture (central Crete). The extensive exploitation of groundwater since the late 1960s has resulted in a continual decline in groundwater level and significant degradation in groundwater quality, due to salinity intrusion in the coastal aquifer. Moreover, the aquifer will likely to ex ...