Jump to Main Content
- Khorshid, Mohammad Said Hamma; Thiele-Bruhn, Sören
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.16 pp. 1171
- alkaline soils, etc ; adverse effects; anthropogenic activities; cadmium; carbon; cities; copper; ecosystems; emissions; lead; nitrogen; oxides; pH; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; principal component analysis; roadside soils; semiarid zones; soil pollution; topsoil; toxic substances; toxicity; traffic; urban areas; urban soils; urbanization; zinc; Iraq; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Soil contamination, especially in urban areas, is a globally increasing threat. Yet, knowledge on the status of urban soils in recently and rapidly developing regions and semiarid areas is still scarce. In this study, soils were investigated from Sulaimani city that underwent rapid growth and urbanization in past decades. Properties and contamination of 91 topsoils from 11 areas of different anthr ...
- Han, Young-Soo; Tokunaga, Tetsu K.; Salve, Rohit; Chon, Chul-Min
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.15 pp. 1148
- alkaline soils, etc ; absorption; anhydrite; bioassays; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; carbonation; electric power; flue gas desulfurization; greenhouse gas emissions; gypsum; leaching; power generation; soil amendments; soil treatment; toxic substances; toxicity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Technologies for increasing carbon storage in soils are gathering attention as a means for mitigating atmospheric CO₂ emissions. Carbon sequestration can be achieved by controlling the organic carbon stock in soil and by accelerating mineral carbonation. In this study, carbon sequestration capacity was measured in soil columns treated with flue gas desulfurization gypsum (FGDG), a by-product of el ...