Jump to Main Content
- Steiakakis, E.; Vavadakis, D.; Kritsotakis, M.
- Environmental earth sciences 2015 v.74 no.5 pp. 4303-4315
- Crete, etc ; aquifers; carbonate rocks; drainage; groundwater flow; irrigation; mathematical models; public water supply; reproduction; water table; wells; Greece; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Five major groups of springs and more than ten pumping wells comprise the main discharge outlets of Agyia karstic aquifer (W. Crete, Greece). The mean annual discharge of the springs is 76 × 10⁶ m³, while 12 × 10⁶ m³ of water are pumped annually from Myloniana and Agyia’s well fields for public water supply and irrigation. The area is almost composed of entirely karstified carbonate rocks (limesto ...
- Varouchakis, Emmanouil A.; Karatzas, George P.; Giannopoulos, George P.
- Environmental earth sciences 2015 v.73 no.11 pp. 7359-7374
- Crete, etc ; aquifers; basins; climate change; computer software; groundwater; groundwater flow; humans; hydrologic models; irrigation; temperature; water table; wells; Greece; Mediterranean region; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Recent climate change studies for the Mediterranean region have projected the near future temperature and precipitation trends. The increasing water demands for human consumption and agricultural purposes, as well as the potential overexploitation of the groundwater resources, in combination with the climatic projections are expected to affect the groundwater resources of the Mediterranean hydrolo ...