Jump to Main Content
- Reddy, A. G. S.
- Environmental earth sciences 2014 v.71 no.10 pp. 4473-4495
- anions; aquifers; calcium; calcium carbonate; cations; chlorides; drinking water; evaporation; fluorine; groundwater; groundwater contamination; hydrochemistry; magnesium; nitrates; pollutants; rocks; sodium; watersheds; wells; India
- ... Hydrogeochemical controlling factors for high rate of groundwater contamination in stressed aquifer of fractured, consolidated rocks belonging to semi-arid watershed are examined. The groundwater in mid-eastern part of Prakasam district confining to Musi-Gundlakamma sub-basins is heavily contaminated with nitrate and fluoride. Distinct water chemistry is noticed among each group of samples segrega ...
- Chen, Qiao; Lu, Qingshui; Song, Zhaojun; Chen, Peng; Cui, Yukun; Zhang, Rui; Li, Xiaohui; Liu, Jingyuan
- Environmental earth sciences 2014 v.71 no.10 pp. 4513-4522
- aquifers; fluorine; fluorosis; granite; groundwater; saltwater intrusion; seawater; sediments; soil; China
- ... The levels of fluorine in sediment cores obtained from Changyi County (PZ core) and Laizhou County (TS core) are used to discuss the fluorine sources in groundwater and its enrichment dynamics. The sediments in the aquifer are mainly constituted of granite gravels. The levels of fluorine in the PZ and TS cores range from 130 to 468 mg/kg, 139–528 mg/kg, with average values of 324, 348 mg/kg, respe ...