Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jiang-feng; Wu, Yu; Cai, Cheng-Zheng; Ni, Hong-yang; Cao, Xu-lou; Pu, Hai; Song, Shuai-bing; Pu, Sheng-yan; Skoczylas, Frédéric
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.5 pp. 213
- argillite, etc ; bentonite; clay; permeability; radioactive waste; safety assessment; Belgium; France; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Opalinus clay (OPA) is currently being investigated as a potential host rock for radioactive waste repository. The construction of this repository will lead to an excavation-damaged zone (EDZ) in the surrounding. Its sealing ability is crucial for the safety assessment of the geological repository. The sealing ability of OPA has a close relationship with its water retention and gas permeability be ...
- Thatcher, K. E.; Bond, A. E.; Norris, S.
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 933
- argillite, etc ; clay; mathematical models; radioactive waste; waste disposal; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Low-permeability clay formations provide good candidate host rocks for geological disposal of radioactive waste, because there is expected to be limited movement of gas or water through the formation. However, when constructing tunnels, the stress state in the formation around the tunnel will change, which can lead to damage to the formation, changing the bulk hydraulic properties of the formation ...