Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2017 v.76 no.13 pp. 447
- aquifers; atmospheric deposition; desorption; deuterium; dissolved organic carbon; drinking water; geochemistry; groundwater; humans; iodates; iodides; iodine; leaching; limestone; minerals; oxygen; saline water; sediments; soil; stable isotopes; Denmark
- ... Iodine in groundwater can have direct importance for human dietary iodine intake in areas where drinking water is of groundwater origin, as in Denmark. Knowledge on the sources and processes for the varying iodine concentrations in groundwater is of utmost importance for understanding the variation in iodine intake of the population via drinking water. The aim of this study was to characterize gro ...
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.12 pp. 999
- aquifers; drinking water; geophysics; groundwater; groundwater flow; landscapes; nitrate reduction; nitrates; water supply; Denmark
- ... Protection of groundwater against nitrate has a high priority in a country like Denmark with intensive agricultural production and with drinking water production based on groundwater. This paper presents a Site-specific Concept for Aquifer Nitrate Vulnerability Assessment (SCANVA) aimed at protecting groundwater resources. SCANVA is a qualitative dynamic concept adjusted to the specific study area ...