Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xiaowen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.18 pp. 1292
- Influenza A virus; avian influenza; birds; cloaca; cross-sectional studies; environmental factors; farming systems; financial economics; human settlements; lakes; markets; models; morbidity; mortality; poultry; regression analysis; risk factors; viruses; China
- ... The avian influenza (AI) virus isolated from and adapted to an avian host could cause high morbidity, mortality and enormous economic losses in poultry farming. Epidemiological field investigation was performed to study environmental conditions for infected poultry, which possibly spread avian influenza viruses in the Poyang Lake region. A total of 1695 cloacal and oropharyngeal samples were colle ...
- Li, Xiaowen, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.11 pp. 955
- Influenza A virus; avian influenza; biodiversity; biosecurity; breeding; control methods; cross-sectional studies; environmental factors; freshwater; lakes; markets; migratory birds; models; poultry; poultry industry; questionnaires; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk analysis; risk factors; villages; virus transmission; viruses; wetlands; wild birds; China
- ... Migratory birds have been known to spread the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus (HPAIV) H5N1 over large distances. Moreover, previous studies have shown it to be widely circulated in live-bird markets. However, how live-bird markets in addition to wild birds affect the local persistence of avian influenza virus (AIV) remains uncertain. The abundance of fresh water and widely distributed wetl ...