Jump to Main Content
- Ugine, T.A.; Sanderson, J.P.; Wraight, S.P.
- Environmental entomology 2007 v.36 no.5 pp. 989
- longevity, etc ; Ephydridae; insect development; developmental stages; duration; mortality; insect reproduction; oviposition; fecundity; temperature; heat sums; life tables; insect rearing; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Development times and survivorship of immature shore flies and longevity and reproduction of adult shore flies, Scatella tenuicosta Collin, reared on algae-infested filter paper, were studied at three temperatures (constant 20, 26, and 28.5°C) through life table analysis. The development time for each individual life stage and the total time from egg to adult decreased with increasing temperature. ...
- Opit, G.P.; Throne, J.E.
- Environmental entomology 2007 v.36 no.1 pp. 83
- longevity, etc ; Sitophilus oryzae; females; age; maternal effect; progeny; fecundity; body weight; mortality; ova; storage insects; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... We studied the effects of maternal age on fitness of progeny in the rice weevil, Sitophilus oryzae L. (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). Five-, 20-, and 50-d-old female rice weevils were used to study the effects of maternal age on the lifetime fecundity and longevity of their daughters. In addition, we determined the effects of maternal age on the weight and survivorship of daughters' progeny. Daughter ...