Jump to Main Content
- Ho, C.C.; Lo, K.C.; Chen, W.H.
- Environmental entomology 1995 v.24 no.3 pp. 601-607
- geographical distribution; interspecific variation; oviposition; ova; Amblyseius idaeus; host plants; predatory mites; crossing; life cycle (organisms); food consumption; Taiwan
- ... Female and male Amblyseius longispinosus (Evans) and A. womersleyi (Schicha) were reared in an incubator at 28 degrees C and a photoperiod of 13:11 (L:D) h. They were supplied with eggs of Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida for food. A. longispinosus matured in 5.02 and 5.0 d, and consumed 13.84 and 11.2 spider mites eggs, respectively A. womersleyi matured in 4.92 and 4.67 d, and consumed 15.32 and 11. ...
- Phoofolo, M.W.; Obrycki, J.J.
- Environmental entomology 1995 v.24 no.3 pp. 581-587
- Coccinella septempunctata; life tables; oviposition; geographical variation; predators; population; life cycle (organisms); Central European region; Iowa; France; Delaware
- ... Life-history characteristics of four populations of Coccinella septempunctata L. were quantified and compared at 26 degrees C and 18:6 (L:D) h on a diet of pea aphids, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris). Populations were from two locations in the United States (Iowa and Delaware) and two locations in Eurasia (France and Ukraine/Moldavia/Crimea). Large intrapopulation variation was observed in preoviposi ...