Jump to Main Content
- Borzoui, Ehsan; Naseri, Bahram; Abedi, Zahra; Karimi-Pormehr, Mohammad Sadegh
- Environmental entomology 2016 v.45 no.5 pp. 1220-1226
- Artemisia; Plodia interpunctella; Vitex; air; chemical composition; essential oils; fumigants; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glycogen; imagos; larvae; lethal concentration 50; life tables; lipids; mortality; oils; pests; stored products; sublethal effects
- ... Plodia interpunctella (Hübner, 1813) is a polyphagous and key pest of different stored products worldwide. The lethal and sublethal effects of essential oils of Artemisia khorassanica Podl. and Vitex pseudo-negundo (Hausskn) were studied on P. interpunctella. The chemical constituents of the essential oils were also assessed using gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. Assays showed that the fumiga ...
- Kaliyan, N.; Carrillo, M.A.; Morey, R.V.; Wilcke, W.F.; Kells, S.A.
- Environmental entomology 2007 v.36 no.6 pp. 1318-1327
- Plodia interpunctella; larvae; mortality; temperature; cold stress; cold tolerance; mathematical models; model validation; storage insects; corn; prediction; Minnesota
- ... A model for predicting mortality of Indianmeal moth larvae [Plodia interpunctella (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae)] under fluctuating low-temperature conditions was developed. The time and temperature combinations required to achieve 100% mortality of field-collected, cold-acclimated P. interpunctella larvae obtained from laboratory mortality experiments were used to develop the mortality model. ...
- Mbata, G.N.; Shapiro-Ilan, D.I.
- Environmental entomology 2005 v.34 no.3 pp. 676
- Plodia interpunctella; entomopathogenic nematodes; biological control agents; Heterorhabditis; virulence; larvae; adult insects; mortality; oviposition; storage insects; insect control
- ... The Indianmeal moth, Plodia interpunctella (Hubner), is a cosmopolitan pest of stored products, infesting most commodities in warehouses and grain bins. We studied the susceptibility of Indianmeal moth adults and larvae to seven entomopathogenic nematode species and strains. The nematodes studied were Heterorhabditis bacteriophora Poinar (HP88, Lewiston, and Oswego strains); H. indica Poinar, Karu ...