Jump to Main Content
- Heinz, K.M.; Nunney, L.; Parrella, M.P.
- Environmental entomology 1993 v.22 no.6 pp. 1217-1233
- Diglyphus begini, etc ; Chrysanthemum; Liriomyza trifolii; parasitoids; biological control agents; simulation models; computer techniques; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Implementation of augmentative biological control is often hindered by the inability to obtain accurate information on natural enemy release rates that will ultimately yield a salable crop within economic constraints. The purpose of this study was to develop and evaluate a computer model that attempts to predict augmentative releases of the parasitoid Diglyphus begini (Ashmead) (Hymenoptera: Eulop ...
- Schuster, D.J.; Wharton, R.A.
- Environmental entomology 1993 v.22 no.5 pp. 1188-1191
- Diglyphus begini, etc ; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; Liriomyza trifolii; Liriomyza sativae; Diglyphus intermedius; Chrysonotomyia; Opius; parasitoids; population density; biological control agents; seasonal variation; Florida; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Leaf-mining Liriomyza spp. and their associated hymenopterous parasitoids were surveyed during the fall of 1980 and spring of 1981 on fresh market tomatoes in west-central Florida. L. sativae Blanchard was more abundant than L. trifolii (Burgess) in both seasons, accounting for 85.7 and 54.3% of the total reared in 1980 and 1981, respectively. The parasitoids Diglyphus intermedius (Girault), D. be ...