Jump to Main Content
- Magilligan, F. J.; Sneddon, C. S.; Fox, C. A.
- Environmental management 2017 v.59 no.6 pp. 982-994
- ecological restoration, etc ; case studies; landscapes; managers; politics; rivers; stakeholders; watersheds; New England region; United States; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Environmental managers in the United States and elsewhere are increasingly perceiving dam removal as a critical tool for river restoration and enhancing watershed resilience. In New England, over 125 dams have been dismantled for ecological and economic rationales. A surprising number of these removals, including many that are ongoing, have generated heated conflicts between restoration proponents ...
- Chen, Wendy Y.; Liekens, Inge; Broekx, Steven
- Environmental management 2017 v.60 no.2 pp. 263-279
- ecological restoration, etc ; case studies; econometrics; freshwater ecosystems; logit analysis; males; rivers; species diversity; urban areas; water quality; watersheds; Belgium; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... One of the major challenges facing river restoration in densely populated urban areas has been the disparity between the expectations of policy-makers and societal preferences. This study aimed to elicit public preferences and elucidate underlying sources of preference heterogeneity, using the Zenne River in central Brussels, Belgium, as a case study. A discrete choice experiment was administered ...