Jump to Main Content
- Millward, Andrew A.; Laursen, Andrew E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental management 2014 v.53 no.6 pp. 1043-1057
- air temperature; buildings; leaf area; microclimate; models; regression analysis; shade trees; soil; solar radiation; summer; surface temperature; vegetation; vines; Canada
- ... Urban vegetation can mitigate increases in summer air temperature by reducing the solar gain received by buildings. To quantify the temperature-moderating influence of city trees and vine-covered buildings, a total of 13 pairs of temperature loggers were installed on the surfaces of eight buildings in downtown Toronto, Canada, for 6 months during the summer of 2008. One logger in each pair was sha ...
- Yates, Andrew J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental management 2014 v.53 no.3 pp. 496-509
- credit; ecological restoration; ecosystem services; ecosystems; issues and policy; markets; models; United States
- ... Ecosystem service markets are popular policy tools for ecosystem protection. Advanced credit releases are an important factor affecting the supply side of ecosystem markets. Under an advanced credit release policy, regulators give ecosystem suppliers a fraction of the total ecosystem credits generated by a restoration project before it is verified that the project actually achieves the required ec ...