Jump to Main Content
- Beschta, Robert L.; Donahue, Debra L.; DellaSala, Dominick A.; Rhodes, Jonathan J.; Karr, James R.; O’Brien, Mary H.; Fleischner, Thomas L.; Deacon Williams, Cindy
- Environmental management 2013 v.51 no.2 pp. 474-491
- animal communities; asses; climate; climate change; deer; ecosystem services; ecosystems; elks; greenhouse gas emissions; horses; hydrology; indigenous species; livestock production; predators; public lands; soil; species diversity; vegetation; water resources; wildlife
- ... Climate change affects public land ecosystems and services throughout the American West and these effects are projected to intensify. Even if greenhouse gas emissions are reduced, adaptation strategies for public lands are needed to reduce anthropogenic stressors of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems and to help native species and ecosystems survive in an altered environment. Historical and contem ...
- White, Stacey Swearingen; Selfa, Theresa
- Environmental management 2013 v.51 no.2 pp. 379-391
- biofuels; climate; climate change; decision making; energy; environmental impact; farmers; greenhouse gas emissions; interviews; issues and policy; learning; models; social networks; Kansas
- ... While farming has been the subject of frequent critical analysis with respect to its environmental impacts, including its greenhouse gas emissions, there has been relatively little consideration of the potentially positive role of agriculture in responding to a future greatly influenced by climate change. One possible realm for agriculture to contribute successfully to this future is through biofu ...