Jump to Main Content
- Susaeta, Andres, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental management 2016 v.58 no.3 pp. 417-430
- Pinus taeda; carbon sequestration; climate change; climatic factors; coniferous forests; ecosystem services; humans; site index; species diversity; temperature; trees; Florida
- ... Forests provide myriad ecosystem services that are vital to humanity. With climate change, we expect to see significant changes to forests that will alter the supply of these critical services and affect human well-being. To better understand the impacts of climate change on forest-based ecosystem services, we applied a data envelopment analysis method to assess plot-level efficiency in the provis ...
- Susaeta, Andres, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental management 2010 v.45 no.4 pp. 697-710
- biodiversity; biofuels; biomass; ecosystem services; energy; ethanol; forests; pests; risk; wildfires; willingness to pay; Arkansas; Florida; Virginia
- ... This article investigated public preferences for forest biomass based liquid biofuels, particularly ethanol blends of 10% (E10) and 85% (E85). We conducted a choice experiment study in three southern states in the United States: Arkansas, Florida, and Virginia. Reducing atmospheric CO₂, decreasing risk of wildfires and pest outbreaks, and enhancing biodiversity were presented to respondents as att ...