Jump to Main Content
- Daddaoua, A.; Corral‐Lugo, A.; Ramos, J.‐L.; Krell, Tino
- Environmental microbiology 2017 v.19 no.9 pp. 3721-3733
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; DNA; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacteria; binding sites; consensus sequence; exotoxins; genes; gluconates; glucose; metabolism; models; virulence; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... In contrast to Escherichia coli, glucose metabolism in pseudomonads occurs exclusively through the Entner‐Doudoroff (ED) pathway. This pathway, as well as the three routes to generate the initial ED pathway substrate, 6‐phosphogluconate, is regulated by the PtxS, HexR and GtrS/GltR systems. With GntR (PA2320) we report here the identification of an additional regulator in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA ...
- Coyotzi, Sara; Doxey, Andrew C.; Clark, Ian D.; Lapen, David R.; Van Cappellen, Philippe; Neufeld, Josh D.
- Environmental microbiology 2017 v.19 no.3 pp. 1189-1208
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; Acidovorax; Azoarcus; DNA; Dechloromonas; Janthinobacterium; Pseudomonas; Rhizobium; Streptomycetaceae; agricultural soils; anaerobic conditions; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; fertilizers; genes; genetic variation; greenhouse gases; metagenomics; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrite reductase; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; nitrous-oxide reductase; ribosomal RNA; stable isotopes; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Denitrification transforms nitrogen applied as fertilizer and emits N₂O, which is a potent greenhouse gas. Very little is known about the identities of abundant and active denitrifiers in agricultural soils. We coupled DNA stable‐isotope probing (DNA‐SIP) with flow‐through reactors (FTRs) to detect active agricultural soil denitrifiers. The FTRs were incubated with nitrate and ¹³C₆‐glucose under a ...