Jump to Main Content
- Short, Steven M.
- Environmental microbiology 2012 v.14 no.9 pp. 2253-2271
- host strains, etc ; parasites; hosts; Phaeophyceae; pathogenicity; viruses; ecosystems; population dynamics; mortality; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Because viruses of eukaryotic algae are incredibly diverse, sweeping generalizations about their ecology are rare. These obligate parasites infect a range of algae and their diversity can be illustrated by considering that isolates range from small particles with ssRNA genomes to much larger particles with 560 kb dsDNA genomes. Molecular research has also provided clues about the extent of their d ...
- Reininger, Vanessa; Grünig, Christoph R.; Sieber, Thomas N.
- Environmental microbiology 2012 v.14 no.4 pp. 1064-1076
- host strains, etc ; Betula pendula; Picea abies; adverse effects; biomass; endophytes; genotype; growth retardation; mixed culture; plant growth; plant growth substances; seedlings; symbionts; woody plants; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Interactions of Betula pendula and Picea abies with dark septate endophytes of the Phialocephala fortinii–Acephala applanata species complex (PAC) were studied. PAC are ubiquitous fungal root symbionts of many woody plant species but their ecological role is largely unknown. Sterile birch and spruce seedlings in monoculture and mixed culture were exposed to four PAC strains, added either singularl ...