Jump to Main Content
- Shintani, Masaki; Takahashi, Yurika; Tokumaru, Hiroki; Kadota, Koji; Hara, Hirofumi; Miyakoshi, Masatoshi; Naito, Kunihiko; Yamane, Hisakazu; Nishida, Hiromi; Nojiri, Hideaki
- Environmental microbiology 2010 v.12 no.6 pp. 1413-1426
- host strains, etc ; Pseudomonas; gene expression; gene induction; hosts; transcriptome; transporters; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Plasmid carriage requires appropriate expression of the genes on the plasmid or host chromosome through cooperative transcriptional regulation. To clarify the impact of plasmid carriage on the host chromosome, we compared the chromosomal RNA maps of plasmid-free and plasmid-containing host strains using the incompatibility group P-7 archetype plasmid pCAR1, which is involved in carbazole degradati ...
- Sullivan, Matthew B.; Huang, Katherine H.; Ignacio‐Espinoza, Julio C.; Berlin, Aaron M.; Kelly, Libusha; Weigele, Peter R.; DeFrancesco, Alicia S.; Kern, Suzanne E.; Thompson, Luke R.; Young, Sarah; Yandava, Chandri; Fu, Ross; Krastins, Bryan; Chase, Michael; Sarracino, David; Osburne, Marcia S.; Henn, Matthew R.; Chisholm, Sallie W.
- Environmental microbiology 2010 v.12 no.11 pp. 3035-3056
- host strains, etc ; DNA replication; Prochlorococcus; Synechococcus; bacteriophages; carbon; genomics; hosts; niches; nitrogen metabolism; oceans; phosphates; photosynthesis; proteins; structural genes; virion; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... T4‐like myoviruses are ubiquitous, and their genes are among the most abundant documented in ocean systems. Here we compare 26 T4‐like genomes, including 10 from non‐cyanobacterial myoviruses, and 16 from marine cyanobacterial myoviruses (cyanophages) isolated on diverse Prochlorococcus or Synechococcus hosts. A core genome of 38 virion construction and DNA replication genes was observed in all 26 ...
- PubMed Central: