Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yin; Dumont, Marc G.; Cébron, Aurélie; Murrell, J. Colin
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.11 pp. 2855-2869
- Methylocella, etc ; Methylobacter; Methylocystis; Methylomonas; Methylosarcina; complementary DNA; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; gene expression; genes; landfills; messenger RNA; methane; methanol; methanotrophs; oxidation; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; soil; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Active methanotrophs in a landfill soil were revealed by detecting the 16S rRNA of methanotrophs and the mRNA transcripts of key genes involved in methane oxidation. New 16S rRNA primers targeting type I and type II methanotrophs were designed and optimized for analysis by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Direct extraction of RNA from soil enabled the analysis of the expression of the func ...
- Chen, Yin; Dumont, Marc G.; Neufeld, Josh D.; Bodrossy, Levente; Stralis-Pavese, Nancy; McNamara, Niall P.; Ostle, Nick; Briones, Maria J.I.; Murrell, J. Colin
- Environmental microbiology 2008 v.10 no.10 pp. 2609-2622
- Methylocella, etc ; DNA; DNA probes; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Methylocystis; carbon; climate; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; enzymatic treatment; genomic libraries; metagenomics; methane; methane production; methanol; methanotrophs; multigene family; oxidation; peatlands; polypeptides; ribosomal RNA; soil; ultracentrifugation; England; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Peatlands represent an enormous carbon reservoir and have a potential impact on the global climate because of the active methanogenesis and methanotrophy in these soils. Uncultivated methanotrophs from seven European peatlands were studied using a combination of molecular methods. Screening for methanotroph diversity using a particulate methane monooxygenase-based diagnostic gene array revealed th ...