Jump to Main Content
- Stewart, Frank J.; Cavanaugh, Colleen M.
- Environmental microbiology 2009 v.11 no.8 pp. 2136-2147
- host strains, etc ; clams; gamma-Proteobacteria; genetic variation; genotype; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; loci; polymerase chain reaction; population structure; symbionts; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Bacteria-eukaryote endosymbioses are perhaps the most pervasive co-evolutionary associations in nature. Here, intracellular chemosynthetic symbionts of deep-sea clams (Vesicomyidae) were analysed by amplicon pyrosequencing to explore how symbiont transmission mode affects the genetic diversity of the within-host symbiont population. Vesicomyid symbionts (Gammaproteobacteria) are presumed to be obl ...
- Reininger, Vanessa; Grünig, Christoph R.; Sieber, Thomas N.
- Environmental microbiology 2012 v.14 no.4 pp. 1064-1076
- host strains, etc ; Betula pendula; Picea abies; adverse effects; biomass; endophytes; genotype; growth retardation; mixed culture; plant growth; plant growth substances; seedlings; symbionts; woody plants; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Interactions of Betula pendula and Picea abies with dark septate endophytes of the Phialocephala fortinii–Acephala applanata species complex (PAC) were studied. PAC are ubiquitous fungal root symbionts of many woody plant species but their ecological role is largely unknown. Sterile birch and spruce seedlings in monoculture and mixed culture were exposed to four PAC strains, added either singularl ...