Jump to Main Content
- Meyer, Birte; Imhoff, Johannes F.; Kuever, Jan
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.12 pp. 2957-2977
- Ectothiorhodospiraceae, etc ; Beggiatoa; Chromatiaceae; Thiobacillus; Thiothrix; bacteria; enzymes; gene transfer; multigene family; oxidation; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sulfates; sulfur; symbionts; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The soxB gene encodes the SoxB component of the periplasmic thiosulfate-oxidizing Sox enzyme complex, which has been proposed to be widespread among the various phylogenetic groups of sulfur-oxidizing bacteria (SOB) that convert thiosulfate to sulfate with and without the formation of sulfur globules as intermediate. Indeed, the comprehensive genetic and genomic analyses presented in the present s ...
- Asao, Marie; Pinkart, Holly C.; Madigan, Michael T.
- Environmental microbiology 2011 v.13 no.8 pp. 2146-2157
- Ectothiorhodospiraceae, etc ; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; Chromatiaceae; photosynthetic bacteria; proteins; sequence analysis; lakes; organic matter; sulfides; genes; ecosystems; photosynthetic reaction centers; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Culture‐based and culture‐independent methods were used to explore the diversity of phototrophic purple bacteria in Soap Lake, a small meromictic soda lake in the western USA. Among soda lakes, Soap Lake is unusual because it consists of distinct upper and lower water bodies of vastly different salinities, and its deep waters contain up to 175 mM sulfide. From Soap Lake water new alkaliphilic purp ...