Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental microbiology reports 2019 v.11 no.3 pp. 464-473
- Cercozoa; Ciliophora; DNA barcoding; databases; ecosystems; eukaryotic cells; fungi; invertebrates; limestone; methane; methanogens; methanotrophs; oxygen; parasitism; phylogeny; plankton; predation; protists; ribosomal RNA; saprotrophs; sulfur; Black Sea; Romania
- ... Movile Cave is a small system of partially inundated galleries in limestone settings close to the Black Sea in Southeast Romania. Isolated from the surface for 6 million years, its sulfidic, methane and ammonia‐rich waters harbour unique chemosynthetic prokaryotic communities that include sulphur and ammonium‐metabolizing chemolithotrophs, methanogens, methanotrophs and methylotrophs. The cave als ...
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental microbiology reports 2017 v.9 no.2 pp. 113-119
- animals; biotopes; databases; eukaryotic cells; euryhaline species; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; fungi; genes; phylogeny; protists; ribosomal RNA; salinity
- ... Apusomonads are a mysterious group of heterotrophic gliding biflagellates branching deeply in the eukaryotic tree of life as sister group to opisthokonts (including animals, fungi, and a variety of unicellular protists). Despite their evolutionary interest, their diversity and ecology remain largely unknown, with very few described species and environmental sequences in databases. Most environment ...
- PubMed Central: