Jump to Main Content
- Kahouli, Sondès; Martin, JeanChristophe
- Environmental modeling and assessment 2018 v.23 no.3 pp. 203-227
- case studies; economic impact; employment; industry; issues and policy; models; supply chain; wind farms; wind power; France
- ... The French government has launched three separate calls for tender in July 2011, March 2013, and December 2016 to install 3.5 GW of offshore wind. In addition to contributing to the fulfillment of environmental commitments, the deployment of offshore wind energy is expected to be a lever for economic development. To assess gross economic impacts, mainly in terms of job creation, we built a regiona ...
- Haddad, MarcGeorges; Mansour, CharbelJoseph; Afif, Charbel
- Environmental modeling and assessment 2018 v.23 no.3 pp. 263-276
- carbon dioxide; case studies; developing countries; energy; fossil fuels; greenhouse gas emissions; market share; road transportation; vehicles (equipment); Lebanon; Middle East
- ... The road transport system in Lebanon is one of the most unsustainable in the Middle East region due to, in large part, the absence of a national transportation strategy. This study proposes mitigation measures based on Lebanon’s commitments for reducing fossil fuel use and CO₂ emissions from road transport by increasing the share of fuel-efficient and hybrid electric vehicles and increasing the ut ...