Jump to Main Content
- Kahouli, Sondès; Martin, JeanChristophe
- Environmental modeling and assessment 2018 v.23 no.3 pp. 203-227
- case studies; economic impact; employment; industry; issues and policy; models; supply chain; wind farms; wind power; France
- ... The French government has launched three separate calls for tender in July 2011, March 2013, and December 2016 to install 3.5 GW of offshore wind. In addition to contributing to the fulfillment of environmental commitments, the deployment of offshore wind energy is expected to be a lever for economic development. To assess gross economic impacts, mainly in terms of job creation, we built a regiona ...
- El Moçayd, Nabil; Ricci, Sophie; Goutal, Nicole; Rochoux, MélanieC.; Boyaval, Sébastien; Goeury, Cédric; Lucor, Didier; Thual, Olivier
- Environmental modeling and assessment 2018 v.23 no.3 pp. 309-331
- Monte Carlo method; cost effectiveness; equations; friction; geometry; hydrodynamics; models; prediction; probability distribution; rivers; uncertainty; variance covariance matrix; water management; France
- ... Assessing epistemic uncertainties is considered as a milestone for improving numerical predictions of a dynamical system. In hydrodynamics, uncertainties in input parameters translate into uncertainties in simulated water levels through the shallow water equations. We investigate the ability of generalized polynomial chaos (gPC) surrogate to evaluate the probabilistic features of water level simul ...