Jump to Main Content
- Lanzanova, Denis; Whitney, Cory; Shepherd, Keith; Luedeling, Eike
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 164-175
- Monte Carlo method; climate change; confidence interval; dams (hydrology); decision making; decision support systems; dredging; food security; least squares; models; probability distribution; risk; stakeholders; uncertainty; vegetables; water shortages; Burkina Faso
- ... In the arid areas of Sub-Saharan Africa, perennial challenges of water scarcity and food insecurity are exacerbated by climate change and variability. The development of robust strategies to cope with the region's climatic challenges requires thorough consideration of uncertainty and risk in decision making. We demonstrate the use of probabilistic decision analysis to compare intervention options ...
- Sandric, Ionut; Ionita, Cristian; Chitu, Zenaida; Dardala, Marian; Irimia, Radu; Furtuna, Felix Titus
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 176-186
- Monte Carlo method; computer software; geographic information systems; landscapes; landslides; models; topography; uncertainty; weight-of-evidence
- ... The study is focused on modelling uncertainty propagation from GIS data sources and on assessing their influence on landslide susceptibility modelling. A complete set of tools was developed and written in C++ programming language, Python, and based on NVIDIA CUDA technology for terrain analysis. These tools are using Monte Carlo simulations to generate noise in elevation values and spatial delinea ...