Jump to Main Content
- Jaxa-Rozen, Marc; Kwakkel, Jan H.; Bloemendal, Martin
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 19-37
- aquifers; computer software; decision making; groundwater; hydrologic models; thermal energy; uncertainty
- ... The modelling of social-ecological systems can provide useful insights into the interaction of social and environmental processes. However, quantitative social-ecological models should acknowledge the complexity and uncertainty of both underlying subsystems. For example, the agent-based models which are increasingly popular for groundwater studies can be made more realistic by incorporating geohyd ...
- Sandric, Ionut; Ionita, Cristian; Chitu, Zenaida; Dardala, Marian; Irimia, Radu; Furtuna, Felix Titus
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 176-186
- Monte Carlo method; computer software; geographic information systems; landscapes; landslides; models; topography; uncertainty; weight-of-evidence
- ... The study is focused on modelling uncertainty propagation from GIS data sources and on assessing their influence on landslide susceptibility modelling. A complete set of tools was developed and written in C++ programming language, Python, and based on NVIDIA CUDA technology for terrain analysis. These tools are using Monte Carlo simulations to generate noise in elevation values and spatial delinea ...