Jump to Main Content
- Jaxa-Rozen, Marc; Kwakkel, Jan H.; Bloemendal, Martin
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 19-37
- aquifers; computer software; decision making; groundwater; hydrologic models; thermal energy; uncertainty
- ... The modelling of social-ecological systems can provide useful insights into the interaction of social and environmental processes. However, quantitative social-ecological models should acknowledge the complexity and uncertainty of both underlying subsystems. For example, the agent-based models which are increasingly popular for groundwater studies can be made more realistic by incorporating geohyd ...
- Lanzanova, Denis; Whitney, Cory; Shepherd, Keith; Luedeling, Eike
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 164-175
- Monte Carlo method; climate change; confidence interval; dams (hydrology); decision making; decision support systems; dredging; food security; least squares; models; probability distribution; risk; stakeholders; uncertainty; vegetables; water shortages; Burkina Faso
- ... In the arid areas of Sub-Saharan Africa, perennial challenges of water scarcity and food insecurity are exacerbated by climate change and variability. The development of robust strategies to cope with the region's climatic challenges requires thorough consideration of uncertainty and risk in decision making. We demonstrate the use of probabilistic decision analysis to compare intervention options ...