Jump to Main Content
- Loizidou, Xenia I.; Loizides, Michael I.; Orthodoxou, Demetra L.
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.7 pp. 414
- Cyprus, etc ; beaches; cigarettes; cleaning; plastics; pollution; recreation; summer; tourism; Europe; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Cyprus is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean whose economy is largely dependent on coastal tourism. It boasts some of the cleanest waters in Europe and has the largest number of Blue Flag awarded beaches per capita in the world. These beaches are managed by local authorities and are regularly cleaned, throughout the year, at least once per day. This paper presents findings from cleanup ...
- Ciftcioglu, Gulay Cetinkaya; Aydin, Aslihan
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.10 pp. 613
- Cyprus, etc ; cities; ecosystem services; ecosystems; interviews; issues and policy; open space; questionnaires; social welfare; society; species diversity; surveys; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study is to evaluate the major urban ecosystem services (UESs) delivered by a number of green open spaces (GOSs) and their contributions to the human wellbeing (HWB) in four selected sites located in the city of Nicosia of North Cyprus. The objectives of the study were to map the dominant GOSs in the selected sites, to identify the plant species cultivated in the GOSs, and to e ...