Jump to Main Content
- Yadav, Sangeeta, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.10 pp. 581
- Allium cepa; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; cell division; chromosome aberrations; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; genotoxicity; heavy metals; ions; lignin; moieties; organic halogen compounds; phenolic compounds; phytotoxicity; pulp and paper mill effluents; pulp and paper mills; scanning electron microscopy; sediment contamination; sediments
- ... The safe disposal of pulp and paper mill effluent is still a threat to the environment due to the presence of several unknown organic pollutants. The comparative physico-chemical analysis of pulp and paper mill effluent-contaminated sediment (PPECS) of site 1 and site 2 showed that the sediment had an alkaline nature and was loaded with several organic pollutants and heavy metals. SEM-EDX examinat ...
- Yadav, Sangeeta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2009 v.155 no.1-4 pp. 1-11
- 2-chlorophenol; Bacillus cereus; Serratia marcescens; bacteria; biochemical oxygen demand; biomass; chemical oxygen demand; color; dechlorination; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glucose; lignin; mixed culture; pentachlorophenol; peptones; pulp and paper mill effluents; toxicity
- ... Two PCP-degrading bacterial strains, Bacillus cereus (ITRC-S6) and Serratia marcescens (ITRC-S7) were used for the treatment of pulp and paper mill effluent at conditions; 1.0% glucose and 0.5% peptone at 30 ± 1°C at 120 rpm for 168 h of incubation. These two bacterial strains effectively reduced colour (45-52%), lignin (30-42%), BOD (40-70%), COD (50-60%), total phenol (32-40%) and PCP (85-90%) w ...