Jump to Main Content
- Salmaso, Francesca; Crosa, Giuseppe; Espa, Paolo; Gentili, Gaetano; Quadroni, Silvia; Zaccara, Serena
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.1 pp. 33
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Chironomidae; benthic organisms; community structure; environmental protection; irrigation; macroinvertebrates; physicochemical properties; point source pollution; rivers; stream flow; summer; surveys; univoltine habit; water management; water power; winter; Italy; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... An eco-hydraulic survey of the highly regulated Adda River (northern Italy) was carried out to highlight the ecological implications of the current water management, including minimum flows (MFs) set as environmental protection measures. Macroinvertebrates, flows, and other main physico-chemical parameters were monitored from 2010 to 2012 at seven sites located in two river reaches characterized b ...
- Serra, Sónia R.Q.; Graça, Manuel A.S.; Dolédec, Sylvain; Feio, Maria João
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2017 v.189 no.7 pp. 326
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Chironomidae; Ephemeroptera; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; animals; anthropogenic activities; diapause; environmental factors; freshwater ecosystems; hemoglobin; hibernation; lakes; rivers; secondary productivity; spring; streams; surface water; water quality; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In freshwater ecosystems, Chironomidae are currently considered indicators of poor water quality because the family is often abundant in degraded sites. However, it incorporates taxa with a large ecological and physiological diversity and different sensitivity to impairment. Yet, the usual identification of Chironomidae at coarse taxonomic levels (family or subfamily) masks genus and species sensi ...