Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Hui; Zhang, Linxiao; Lu, Zihao; He, Chunming; Li, Qianwei; Na, Guangshui
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.232 pp. 1-9
- anthropogenic activities; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; aquatic environment; chemical pollutants; environmental factors; pollution
- ... Antibiotic resistance is a worsening global concern, and the environmental behaviors and migration patterns of antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) have attracted considerable interest. Understanding the long-range transport of ARG pollution is crucial. In this study, we characterized the dynamics of ARG changes after their release into aquatic environments and demonstrated the importance of traditi ...
- Ben Mordechay, Evyatar; Tarchitzky, Jorge; Chen, Yona; Shenker, Moshe; Chefetz, Benny
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.232 pp. 164-172
- arable soils; bioaccumulation factor; bioavailability; biosolids; case studies; crops; drugs; edaphic factors; irrigation; lettuce; metabolism; models; personal care products; tomatoes; wastewater; wheat
- ... Irrigation with treated wastewater (TWW) and application of biosolids to arable land expose the agro-environment to pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) which can be taken up by crops. In this project, we studied the effect of a carrier medium (e.g., biosolids and TWW) on plant (tomato, wheat and lettuce) uptake, translocation and metabolism of carbamazepine as a model for non-ionic ...