Jump to Main Content
- Hou, Jie, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.235 pp. 197-206
- Danio rerio; adults; antioxidant activity; enzyme activity; eutrophication; fish; glutathione; hepatotoxicity; lakes; lipid peroxidation; liver; males; malondialdehyde; microcystin-LR; mitochondria; nitrites; oxidative stress; pollution; synergism; transferases
- ... Hazardous materials from decaying cyanobacterial blooms, such as microcystin-LR (MC-LR) and nitrite pose serious challenges to aquatic organisms. To assess combined toxic effects of MC-LR and nitrite on hepatic pathology, lipid peroxidation and antioxidant responses of fish, adult male zebrafish (Danio rerio) were exposed to solutions with different combined concentrations of MC-LR (0, 3, 30 μg/L) ...
- Hou, Jie, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.240 pp. 615-622
- Danio rerio; adults; estradiol; estrogenic properties; gene expression regulation; genes; liver; males; microcystin-LR; protein content; reproductive performance; risk; steroidogenesis; testes; testosterone; toxicity; transcription (genetics); wildlife
- ... Waterborne microcystin-LR (MC-LR) has been reported to disrupt sex hormones, while its estrogenic potency remains controversial. We hypothesized that MC-LR could induce estrogenic effects via disrupting sex hormone synthesis, and verified this hypothesis by in vitro and in vivo assays. Effects of MC-LR (1, 10, 100, 500, 1000 and 5000 μg/L) on steroidogenesis were assessed in the H295R cells after ...