Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yanlin; Hou, Xingwang; Yu, Miao; Zhou, Qunfang; Liu, Jiyan; Schnoor, Jerald L.; Jiang, Guibin
- Environmental pollution 2017 v.224 pp. 524-531
- Cucurbita maxima, etc ; air; chlorine; decane; dechlorination; hydroponics; leaves; persistent organic pollutants; pumpkins; roots; seedlings; shoots; transpiration; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Short chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs) are ubiquitously present as persistent organic pollutants in the environment. However, little information on the interaction of SCCPs with plants is currently available. In this work, young pumpkin plants (Cucurbita maxima × C. Moschata) were hydroponically exposed to the congener of chlorinated decane, 1,2,5,5,6,9,10-heptachlorodecane (1,2,5,5,6,9,10-HepC ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lin, Qingqi; Chen, Siyuan; Chao, Yuanqing; Huang, Xiongfei; Wang, Shizhong; Qiu, Rongliang
- Environmental pollution 2017 v.220 pp. 421-430
- Cucurbita moschata, etc ; carboxylesterase; cell walls; dibutyl phthalate; hydrolysis; hydrophilicity; hydroponics; lipophilicity; loci; metabolism; metabolites; organelles; phosphates; phthalic acid; plant tissues; pumpkins; seedlings; shoots; subcellular fractions; water solubility; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Uptake and accumulation by plants is a significant pathway in the migration and transformation of phthalate esters (PAEs) in the environment. However, limited information is available on the mechanisms of PAE metabolism in plants. Here, we investigated the metabolism of di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP), one of the most frequently detected PAEs, in pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata) seedlings via a series of ...