Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Rong, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2016 v.218 pp. 487-496
- Western blotting; cardiovascular diseases; coronary vessels; gene expression regulation; immunohistochemistry; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; particulates; protein synthesis; rats; receptors; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; vasoconstriction
- ... Exposure to airborne fine particulate matter (PM2.5) is associated with cardiovascular diseases. However, a comprehensive understanding of the underlying mechanisms by which PM2.5 induces or aggravates these diseases is still insufficiently clear. The present study investigated whether PM2.5 alters the expression of the endothelin subtype B (ETB) and endothelin subtype A (ETA) receptors in the cor ...
- Wang, Rong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2016 v.209 pp. 11-20
- Western blotting; agonists; bronchi; dimethyl sulfoxide; endothelin receptors; immunohistochemistry; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; particulates; protein content; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; respiratory tract diseases; risk factors
- ... Airborne fine particulate matter (PM2.5) is a risk factor for respiratory diseases. However, little is known about the effects of PM2.5 on bronchi. The present study investigated the effect of airborne PM2.5 on rat bronchi and the underlying mechanisms. Isolated rat bronchial segments were cultured for 24 h. Endothelin (ET) receptor-mediated contractile responses were recorded using a wire myograp ...