Jump to Main Content
- Trumble, John, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.234 pp. 39-47
- agricultural soils; animal wastes; ascorbate peroxidase; biosolids; crops; cucumbers; dose response; glutathione; glutathione transferase; leaves; lipid peroxidation; oxidative stress; peroxidase; personal care products; photosynthesis; phytotoxicity; pigments; reactive oxygen species; risk; roots; seedlings; superoxide dismutase; wastewater; xenobiotics
- ... Contamination of agricultural soils by pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs) resulting from the application of treated wastewater, biosolids and animal wastes constitutes a potential environmental risk in many countries. To date a handful of studies have considered the phytotoxicity of individual PPCPs in crop plants, however, little is known about the effect of PPCPs as mixtures at en ...
- Trumble, John T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2017 v.220 pp. 234-241
- Dorymyrmex; Solenopsis xyloni; arthropod communities; arthropods; detritivores; ecosystem services; flowers; habitats; indigenous species; leaves; nectar feeding; nests; pollution; predators; selenium; species diversity; stems; surveys; topsoil; wildlife; California
- ... The selenium contamination event that occurred at Kesterson Reservoir (Merced Co., CA) during the 1970–80s is a frequently cited example for the negative effects of contamination on wildlife. Despite the importance of arthropods for ecosystem services and functioning, relatively little information is available as to the impacts of pollution on arthropod community dynamics. We conducted surveys of ...