Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Caifeng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2015 v.206 pp. 32-37
- adverse effects; birth weight; blood serum; confidence interval; gestational age; head circumference; infants; lipids; males; mothers; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; China
- ... This study aimed to examine the potential association between maternal PBDEs and birth outcomes, including birth weight (g), length (cm), head circumference (cm) and gestational age (week). 215 mothers were recruited from a prospective birth cohort in rural northern China between September 2010 and February 2012. Serum PBDE congeners were detected and their association with birth outcomes were exa ...
- Wang, Caifeng, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2017 v.229 pp. 489-495
- blood serum; confidence interval; humans; lipids; maternal exposure; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; pregnant women; thyroid function; thyroid hormones; thyroxine; China
- ... Human exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) has been increasing over the last three decades in China and around the world. Animal studies suggest that PBDEs could reduce blood levels of thyroid hormones, but it is unclear whether PBDEs disrupt thyroid function in humans. We used data from a prospective birth cohort of 123 pregnant women who were enrolled between September 2010 and Mar ...