Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Wenhai, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental pollution 2011 v.159 no.2 pp. 550-556
- organic matter; phenanthrenes; surface area; absorption; pollutants; carbon; sorption isotherms; adsorption
- ... A biomass-generated soot was sequentially treated by HCl-HF solution, organic solvent, and oxidative acid to remove ash, extractable native organic matter (EOM), and amorphous carbon. The compositional heterogeneity and nano-structure of the untreated and treated soot samples were characterized by elemental analysis, thermal gravimetric analysis, BET-N₂ surface area, and electron microscopic analy ...
- Chu, Wenhai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2012 v.161 pp. 8-14
- ammonia; byproducts; chlorination; chlorine; dichloroacetic acid; disinfectants; disinfection; drinking water; models; pH; tyrosine; ultraviolet radiation
- ... The formation of regulated and emerging halogenated carbonaceous (C-) and nitrogenous disinfection by-products (N-DBPs) from the chlor(am)ination and UV irradiation of tyrosine (Tyr) was investigated. Increased chlorine contact time and/or Cl₂/Tyr ratio increased the formation of most C-DBPs, with the exception of 4-chlorophenol, dichloroacetonitrile, and dichloroacetamideChloroform and dichloroac ...