Jump to Main Content
- Buteau, Stéphane; Shekarrizfard, Maryam; Hatzopolou, Marianne; Gamache, Philippe; Liu, Ling; Smargiassi, Audrey
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109180
- air pollutants; air pollution; algorithms; asthma; childhood; children; cohort studies; databases; emissions; industry; models; nitrogen dioxide; particulates; risk; sulfur dioxide; Quebec
- ... Despite evidence that ambient air pollution may play a role in the development of asthma, little is known about the potential contribution of industrial emissions.We used a population-based birth cohort to investigate the association between asthma onset in childhood and residential exposure to industrial emissions, estimated from atmospheric dispersion modeling.The study population comprised all ...
- Lebeaux, Rebecca M.; Doherty, Brett T.; Gallagher, Lisa G.; Zoeller, R. Thomas; Hoofnagle, Andrew N.; Calafat, Antonia M.; Karagas, Margaret R.; Yolton, Kimberly; Chen, Aimin; Lanphear, Bruce P.; Braun, Joseph M.; Romano, Megan E.
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109395
- Bayesian theory; autoantibodies; blood serum; children; cohort studies; iodide peroxidase; iodine deficiency; models; mothers; perfluorohexane sulfonic acid; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; perfluorooctanoic acid; pregnancy; pregnant women; regression analysis; sulfonic acids; thyrotropin; triiodothyronine; Ohio
- ... Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are ubiquitous. Previous studies have found associations between PFAS and thyroid hormones in maternal and cord sera, but the results are inconsistent. To further address this research question, we used mixture modeling to assess the associations with individual PFAS, interactions among PFAS chemicals, and the overall mixture.We collected data through the ...