Jump to Main Content
- Rönkkö, Teemu J.; Hirvonen, Maija-Riitta; Happo, Mikko S.; Leskinen, Ari; Koponen, Hanna; Mikkonen, Santtu; Bauer, Stefanie; Ihantola, Tuukka; Hakkarainen, Henri; Miettinen, Mirella; Orasche, Jürgen; Gu, Cheng; Wang, Qin'geng; Jokiniemi, Jorma; Sippula, Olli; Komppula, Mika; Jalava, Pasi I.
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109360
- air quality; chemical composition; coal; coculture; control methods; cytotoxicity; emissions; environmental health; epithelium; fuel combustion; macrophages; models; oxidative stress; particulates; seasonal variation; sports; toxicology; traffic; youth; China
- ... Ambient particulate matter (PM) is a leading global environmental health risk. Current air quality regulations are based on airborne mass concentration. However, PM from different sources have distinct chemical compositions and varied toxicity. Connections between emission control measures, air quality, PM composition, and toxicity remain insufficiently elucidated. The current study assessed the c ...
- Tan, Qinwen; Liu, Hefan; Xie, Shaodong; Zhou, Li; Song, Tianli; Shi, Guangming; Jiang, Wenju; Yang, Fumo; Wei, Fusheng
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109478
- aerosols; basins; cities; emissions; environmental health; gas chromatography; gases; health effects assessments; inventories; mixing; mixing ratio; observational studies; ozone; pollution; pollution control; solar radiation; solvents; summer; temperature; vehicles (equipment); volatile organic compounds; China
- ... As important pollution gases and represented precursors of both ozone and second organic aerosol (SOA), the component characteristics, source origins, environmental health and emission control of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), are gaining more and more attention in Chinese megacities. In order to understand the concentration, composition and temporal and spatial distribution characteristics of ...