Jump to Main Content
- Tayemeh, Mohammad Behzadi; Kalbassi, Mohammad Reza; Paknejad, Hamed; Joo, Hamid Salari
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109477
- Danio rerio; additives; antioxidant activity; antioxidant enzymes; dietary supplements; gene expression regulation; genes; liver; nanocapsules; nanosilver; oxidative stress; pollutants; protective effect; quercetin; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; transcription (genetics)
- ... The present study assessed the protective effect of chitosan-nanoencapsulated quercetin (Qu-ChiNPs) against oxidative stress caused by silver nanoparticles (AgNPs). To this end, the transcription of prime genes regulating hepatic Keap1-Nrf2 pathway as well as downstream antioxidant enzymes were monitored prior to and after oxidative stress by AgNPs. Zebrafish (Danio rerio; n = 225) was assigned in ...
- Chen, Guoliang; Jia, Zimu; Wang, Linping; Hu, Tingzhang
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109432
- DNA damage; Danio rerio; acetylcysteine; acute exposure; adverse effects; angiogenesis; animal models; apoptosis; caspase-3; catalase; developmental toxicity; embryo (animal); enzyme activity; genes; glutathione; hatching; heart rate; malondialdehyde; mortality; reactive oxygen species; saxitoxins; superoxide dismutase; surface water; transcription (genetics)
- ... As a type of cyanobacterial toxins, saxitoxin (STX) is receiving great interest due to its increasing presence in waterbodies. However, the underlying mechanism of STX-induced adverse effect is poorly understood. Here, we examined the developmental toxicity and molecular mechanism induced by STX using zebrafish embryos as an animal model. The embryonic toxicity induced by STX was demonstrated by i ...