Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jiaping; Li, Guiying; Yin, Hongliang; An, Taicheng
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109451
- bacteria; biofilm; carbohydrate content; copper; enzyme activity; foams; gene expression regulation; genes; nickel; oxidative stress; pipelines; polymers; public health; reactive oxygen species; shrinkage; stainless steel; tap water; titanium
- ... Overwhelming growth of bacterial biofilms on different metal-based pipeline materials are intractable and pose a serious threat to public health when tap water flows though these pipelines. Indeed, the underlying mechanism of biofilm growth on the surface of different pipeline materials deserves detailed exploration to provide subsequent implementation strategies for biofilm control. Thus, in this ...
- Chen, Guoliang; Jia, Zimu; Wang, Linping; Hu, Tingzhang
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109432
- DNA damage; Danio rerio; acetylcysteine; acute exposure; adverse effects; angiogenesis; animal models; apoptosis; caspase-3; catalase; developmental toxicity; embryo (animal); enzyme activity; genes; glutathione; hatching; heart rate; malondialdehyde; mortality; reactive oxygen species; saxitoxins; superoxide dismutase; surface water; transcription (genetics)
- ... As a type of cyanobacterial toxins, saxitoxin (STX) is receiving great interest due to its increasing presence in waterbodies. However, the underlying mechanism of STX-induced adverse effect is poorly understood. Here, we examined the developmental toxicity and molecular mechanism induced by STX using zebrafish embryos as an animal model. The embryonic toxicity induced by STX was demonstrated by i ...